Current Positions Available
- Immediate opening for an athletic coordinator.
- Immediate openings for coaching staff - Girls Volleyball Coach
- Immediate opening for Principal for 2023-2024 school year (see details below)
The Board of Trustees for Juan Diego Academy is seeking applicants for the position of principal beginning the 2023-2024 academic year. Juan Diego Academy is a regional Catholic, co-educational, college preparatory high school of approximately 70 students, located in Mission, Texas. The school, founded in 2010 operates as an independent school under the Diocese of Brownsville. The school offers an AP curriculum, a variety of sports, and extra-curricular programs/clubs. The vision of Juan Diego Academy is a Christ-centered Catholic learning community forming young men and women to answer the call to lead and be active participants in their church and community.
Juan Diego Academy seeks a visionary principal to sustain a tradition of continuous improvement within an effective learning environment for students. A principal, who has high expectations, fosters teamwork and parental involvement. The principal is a person who must be resourceful, is able to multi-task, is present and involved, and is dedicated to the spiritual and educational formation of the students. The candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge of high school, strong administrative and communication skills, and a commitment to collaborating with staff, parents and faculty.
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with a commitment to ongoing
formation in catechetical and spiritual leadership.
- Master’s Degree and 18 credit hours in educational administration and
supervision courses or a valid state administrator’s’ certificate.
- Conflict-solving skills
- Able to work effectively with technology
- Personnel Management and Hiring Skills
- Bilingual skills (highly desired but not required)
Leadership in Catholic schools is similar to a vocation. Please provide an essay response that describes your philosophy of Catholic education and what special qualities you possess that can be brought to this important ministry.
Applicant must email or send a letter of interest along with a resume, essay and official transcripts by April 10, 2023 to:
Beatriz Gonzalez, Chairman, JDA Board of Trustees
Juan Diego Academy is a Christ-centered, Catholic learning community forming young men and women to answer the call to lead and be active participants in their Church and community.
As a Catholic regional high school, Juan Diego Academy:
· Offers a quality, comprehensive academic curriculum
· Utilizes the latest in technology and innovation
· Educates the whole person: mind, body, and spirit
· Instills a sense of Christian responsibility and service to others
· Trains leaders to meet the current and future challenges of society
Prospective applicants should download and complete the appropriate application for employment found in this section of the web site and e-mail application and resume (including references) to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 956-583-3782.